Thursday, March 24, 2011

I love Popcorn!

Did you see the news release today about how BAD theater popcorn is for you?  A large bucket of buttered popcorn is comparable to 3 McDonald's Dble cheeseburgers!  About 1600 calories.  Well, if you're trying to watch your calories and keep them around 1600 calories per day, - don't eat all day  and then have popcorn and drink at the movie that evening!!!! dah!  lol!  For us, we haven't been to a theater to see a movie for at least a year.  So for me, the next time I go, I'll still have some popcorn!  All those calories won't be eaten by me, as we share a bucket.  It just made me hungry for good ol buttered popcorn when I saw the news release.  Spose the FDA will get into this too, and ruin a good thing!    Probably by the time we get to a theater again, there won't be any popcorn. 

Popcorn has been a good money maker for theaters.  Now we'll see more theaters going belly up!  Do you think the theaters might still offer the buttered popcorn, and then for those people that don't want the good stuff, they could buy the plain popcorn?  What if  kids wouldn't  be able to buy the good stuff ~ and all they could buy was the plain stuff?!?

What happened to being responsible for yourself and what you eat?  How can we all blame someone else for being chubby!?!     Last time I checked, I was the one that put the food in my mouth!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute blog! Yes, I agree, we are responsible for what and how much, we put in our mouths. I haven't been to a movie in years, but I would hope that when I do there will still be popcorn.
Phyl P.

Anonymous said...

Nothing smells/tastes better than theater popcorn! It seems like we should be able to splurge every once in a while and eat something we really enjoy - life is short!

Have a great weekend.

Rae said...

It wouldn't matter to me if the theaters eliminated popcorn. I don't like it. I did when I was a kid, but not anymore. I don't imagine the theaters will ever quit selling popcorn. It is a money making racket. It is unbelievable what they charge for it. They have to making a profit off it.

Far Side of Fifty said...

We have not been to the movies in forever..I usually just hide hard candies in my pocket..their popcorn has hulls and they irritate my gums:)

Darcie said...

So in agreement on this. We are responsible for our own choices. I do like however that they let us know what calories are in things. I don't know how many times I thought I was making a good choice...just to find out later how bad the choice was. I LOVE popcorn too, and all things in moderation aren't all that bad.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Amen sister. Accountability just flew out the window! Ya can smell that wonderful movie popcorn a mile away. Doesn't it simply hypnotize ya and draw ya in???

Farm Boy and I still partake...without the added butter.

I for one love popcorn!!!

God bless and have a fantastic Friday girl! :o)

gayle said...

The only reason I go to the movie with my husband (and we don't go that often) is for the popcorn!!