Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Friend!

My friend that I can't seem to live without this winter is sitting on the stove waiting for me!
Isn't he cute?  He stays all summer long hiding in the cupboard, but spends all winter on my stove top.
This year I found a Chai Tea Mix recipe that is delicious and have been making it ~ drinking a lot of it ~ and sharing with friends.

Chai Tea Mix
1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1 cup French vanilla flavored powdered non-dairy creamer  (I used sugar free)
2 1/2 cups white sugar (I used Splenda)
1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea (I used unsweetened decaf)
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cardamom (I use just a small pinch, or this can be left out)

In a large bowl, combine milk powder, non-dairy creamer, vanilla flavored creamer, sugar and instant tea.  Stir in ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom.
In a blender or food processor, blend 1 cup at a time (I did more) until the mixture is the consistency of fine powder. Keep in sealable jar/container. 

To serve, stir 2 heaping Tablespoons Chai tea mixture into a mug of hot water.  Use a little more if your mug is large.

 I use substitute sugar, most of the time.  On a diet and you can't tell the difference in taste.  

Try it, I think you'll like it.  You can't really taste tea - it's more like a latte.
Let me know what you think. 
Have a great evening.
 
    

5 comments:

Leah said...

I love it - I just started buying the ingredients for it tonight... I like your friend - my friend is handy microwave 1:30 and da-da it is perfect! Thanks for such a great idea - it sure helps when you are under the weather...

Unknown said...

I'm certainly going to try it, it sounds delish...I like your little chubby friend...he's cute! lol
I love any drinks, teas, etc. that is relaxing and helpful! Thanks for sharing! Hugs

Muffy's Marks said...

I just love Chai tea. I copied and pasted your recipe to get the ingredients to make it. Thank you so much for hsaring.

Country Whispers said...

I love your friend. He's bright and cheerful. I'm not much of a hot tea drinker (unless I'm sick) but this sounds good.

Sharon said...

I will have to try this as I really enjoy a soothing drink in the evening.
I really like your little friend so cute.
Hugs