Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fire Pits!

June 2008 at Leah and Steve's

 I had just gotten Odda 1, and this pup was content to be held.

At Steph and Cullens
As you can see, you don't need a fancy pit or trimmings to have fun around a fire!
Night before Stephani's wedding!  May 9, 2008 and the uncles and cousins had a great time!  This fire was kept going all night long by several of the cousins!  Weddings are so fun, because it brings together all the cousins that don't get to see each other very often.  But when they do get together, the stories you hear about are great!  We laughed so hard.  That night of the fire, was the driest time of the whole weekend.  Steph and Cullen's wedding day was very rainy!

I've often thought that I'd like to have a really nice patio with a nice stone fire pit, but I don't think you can buy fun and a good time by having all the fancy, schmancy stuff!
Throughout the years we've sat around fire pits that have been like the one above,  just throw logs together  and you have a fire!
It just takes a group of people you love to be around and you can have the best time of your life around a simple fire pit in your back yard.

This type of a fire pit below and patio had been on my wish list, but I think I can do without it! 
I'll just wait until some evening soon, when the kids and some friends are here, and out will come the marshmellows, chocolate and graham crackers for smores, and soon we'll have a rip-roaring fire going.  Would love to have you all come by!

5 comments:

Buttercup said...

And I'd love to be there. What a great evening of family and fun, and fancy can't make fun.

Leah said...

Those are fun times....

Rae said...

You are so right. It it the company that matters not the surroundings. I have had some of the best times of my life sitting around an ordinary campfire with good friends and family.

Country Whispers said...

How true.
It's not the fire pit itself ~ it's the great company. My kids wanted to build a fire this week while they were off for Spring Break but the winds have been really strong so we thought it was best that we didn't.
Can you imagine all of us blogging buddies sitting around a fire together? I'm not sure the night would ever end but it sounds like great fun.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sounds good to me..especially the marshmallow part..I like mine burned! :)