Thursday, September 30, 2010

Afternoon Walk

Just got back from a late afternoon walk and have some pictures to share of the lakeshore that is just a short walk from our place.

Coming down the hill to the lake


Standing at the old beach area looking south

 
Looking across Straight Lake
So many leaves have fallen!


Leaves on the oaks as I'm walking back up the hill to our place.

I'm also not typing very well, because my left index finger has a chunk of skin & more cut out.  A yesterday sewing  or should I say rotary cutting accident.  My cutter jumped the plastic edge and took a gouge out of my finger.  Connie had to come over and help bandage me up!  Needless to say, it is kind of sore, and still bleeding  when I changed the bandage today.  It was stuck to the bandage today, so now next time I change it, I hope that it will be better.  I tried to put more goop (antibiotic ointment) on the pad.  I think this would be a good reason to get an AccuQuilt Go cutter, don't you?  I was cutting out material to make an apron.  Now I don't even feel like working on it.

This weekend we'll be driving to the north shore of Lake Superior and I hope to take many pictures.  Hope all the leaves haven't fallen there.  I've never been North of Duluth, so should be a fun weekend.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your finger ~ that's horrible. If I burn myself cooking, I have the urge to throw the food out the backdoor! I guess you are disgusted with sewing with your finger so sore.
These are beautiful pictures. Very pretty lake.
Take care and hope you heal quickly.

shannon i olson said...

ewww ouch! hope you mend quickly!
These are beautiful photos.

Country Gal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Country Gal said...

re- comment somethin went wrong here ! Sorry to hear about your finger , can I just say OUCH ! I had a serated steak knife go through my hand a year ago , dont ask how it happened just a stupid idea to use one at the time for what it was I was doing ! Hope you get better soon ! Great photos !

Country Whispers said...

Ouch!
I know what that feels like. Hope it heals quickly and you can get back to your apron. Have a lovely weekend!

Leah said...

Lovely walk - beautiful and I just love the smell! Have fun on the Shore!

Sharon said...

So sorry to hear about your finger. I hope that feels better so you can get back to sewing.
Your walk looks so beautiful.
Can't wait to see more photos.
Have a great weekend.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great walk..and wonderful photos! So familiar! I am sorry that your cut stuck to the bandage..I suppose the bleeding diluted the ointment..it should be all done bleeding soon..maybe you should go to a Dr? :)

Darcie said...

Sorry about your finger...sounds like it is going to be sore for awhile. :-( Thanks for taking us on a walk with you...you have just got to love all the fall foliage at this time of year. Beautiful!

Sybil said...

So sorry about your finger hope it heals quickly. Also sorry for not commenting lately but although I have popped in I havn't had much energy to actally comment...Your pictures are so very beautiful Thank you for sharing Have a lovely weekend
Love Sybil x