Monday, November 5, 2012

Busy, busy, busy!

 Can't believe I've been gone so long.  Have been really busy crafting and getting ready for a craft show this coming weekend and the next.  I've taken a few pictures of things, but just haven't been in the mood to sit still long enough to post.  Thought I'd better let you know I'm still alive!!!

Have had my yearly check up with the doctor, and I'm doing great.  All blood work came out great.  Guess it was to my benefit to have lost a few pounds.  A few did creep back on, but I can still zip up my jacket, so I'm not too worried yet!   That sure is a terrible way to keep track of weight gain.  My scale is kaput - not working, so need to get a new one. 

Anyway here are some pictures:
Here are "boot cuffs" made out of faux fur.  Makes your boots look like you have muk-luks.  You can wear them with these Ugg style boots or any boots, even dressy boots.  Can be worn as leg warmers even with shoes!  Very messy to make.  When you cut into that fur material, there is stuff floating all over in the air! 
 
Then I've also been making more "endless scarves", long faux fur scarves and also painting and redoing some furniture pieces.
This is a planter.  Painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk paint and hand waxed it.  There are two of them.  One is not completely finished yet. 
 
 
My favorite of the endless scarves I've made.  This is grey knit with lace.  Have 20 plus other endless scarves that I've made out of various silks.  They are pretty too.
Here is the cream faux fur scarf, and there are black ones too!
 
I've been thinking I need to open an Etsy account and try to sell through there.  Have any of you had good luck with that?
Also have children's pillows and pillow cases.  They are cute too.  All packed up for Sat., so not digging them out to take another pic right now.  Will take some pics of the set up at the craft show for you. 
Glad I took a little break to write.  Should have done so sooner.  I need to get back into the swing of things and do some reading of blogs too.  Haven't even been good at that lately.  Altho, I have been following the news of the storm out east, praying for help for all in need.   Hope this finds all of you well and getting ready for winter to set in. 
JoLynn
 
 

6 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi ! I love that white scarf..very cool looking..you have been busy! :)

Muffy's Marks said...

Wow, you've been busy. I can't wait to see your displays at the craft sale.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it does look like you have been very busy. Is the craft fair here in Osage this weekend? I have the weekend off, so looking for craft fairs to go to while hubby is hunting on Sat. Hoping you have much success at the fairs.
Phyl P.

West Side of Straight said...

Yes Phyllis, it's Sat. at the Osage Community Center/FireHall.
9 am to 2 pm. come see us all!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you again - I check every day, and have missed you! Your crafts look like a lot of fun. Would be fun to come to the craft show - but since I lost my driver(Bud)a year ago,I stay a lot closer to home.
Sandy from Ada - (we surprised you and stopped in to say Hi after locating your name sign - remember?)

West Side of Straight said...

Oh Sandy - so great to hear from you!!!!! Have thought of our visit with you both so often, and wish it could happen again. Now please keep in touch w/me through here and we'll have to stop in to see you - our turn now!!!! hee hee! Goes to show ya, we can't quit blogging - just have met to many nice friends this way! Have a great day Sandy!! jo