Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wet Dogs Stink & Good Luck Blake


Impossible to keep dogs dry when all it does is rain!  Odda had a bath a couple of weeks ago, but you'd never know it!  I know that when she drys off tonight, inside her kennel, she won't look so bad in the morning, but if the sun doesn't come out tomorrow will be another day like today.  I brushed her yesterday, and her 3rd coat is really falling out now that it's warming up, but still more hair to come out.  I can't wait until it's nice out again, so she gets a bath again.  At least then she might stay clean for a few days!

She always wants to be as close to you as she can (which means she rubs and leans into you), and you don't stand a chance of staying clean!!!!!  Sometimes I can keep her under control, but other times she's just too excited to see me!  Hooch is dirty now too.  It doesn't help that we have a lot of black dirt and sand as the new garage has not started to go up yet.  Too much rain lately and our cement guy hasn't been able to get here.  I can't reseed any grass until most of the construction is done.  So our spring and summer is going to be messy around here.  If it drys off this weekend, hopefully our cement guy will be framing this weekend or the first of the week.  I know that this rain has put them behind too, so we just wait.
Working on replacing a pole here at the farm.

Grandson Blake stopped in to visit this afternoon.  Leah's son, and he moves tomorrow south to his new job.  He has to be at his new apartment at 8 in the morning to meet the cable TV guy to hook up his tv.  Blake is real excited about his new job.  He starts Monday morning as a lineman at a rural electric company.
His past 2 years experience will help, but he'll learn a lot at his new job; as his old job was construction and no "hot" lines. Now he'll be working what they call distribution, and he'll learn about rerouting power, working on installing underground, and repair of underground and overhead lines, overhead and underground transformers and there's a lot more.  We're so excited and proud of him too, as he starts his new job.   Good Luck Blake!

9 comments:

Cyndi said...

LOL! Odda and Hootch should be like Noah...he absolutely refuses to go outside when it's raining. He looks at me as if to say, "Are you nuts, I'm not going out there!" :o)

Best of luck to Blake as he starts his new job!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Darcie said...

It has been raining here too this week and we have two dogs...totally understand the wet dog thing. :-)

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to Blake ~ what an exciting time in his life.

Poor Odda and Hooch! I guess they are anxious to see the sun too.

We had our front porch renovated last Spring so I have some idea of the inconvenience you are experiencing.

Hope you have a nice weekend with bright sunshine!

Leah said...

Tired of this rain.....Lenny being short is just a muddy feisty moving mudpie! -- Yes Blake is very excited -- it is another new beginning for him!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I just love the smell of a wet dog..I must be weird! It is dirty enough over here in the sand..I feel sorry for you with that exposed black dirt. I am sick and tired of rain..

It is very exciting about Blake getting a non travelling job..you have ever right to be proud of him!! :)

City girl turned Country Girl said...

I guess we're all getting covered with rain!! Wet dogs are no fun LOL!! SO stinky! So glad to hear of Blake's good job find! He can finally st some roots but I know his mama is gonna miss him on the weekends! And might I just add that you do not look old enough to have such a grown grandson!! And Leah doesn't look old enough to have such a grown son LOL!!

Farmchick said...

LOL--your right...wet dogs DO stink! Good luck to your grandson on his new endeavor. Stop over for a visit. :)

Sharon said...

Good luck to your grandson on his new job.
Our Maxwell will not go out when it is raining.
I don't like the smell of a wet dog either.
Our grandson is in the drooling stage and he is trying to get a tooth he is now 6 months now.
Have a great weekend and I am hoping for more sunshine too.

Rae said...

We are having our fair share of rain too. And I also have a smelly, muddy dog. It is the smell of my dog's feet that I can't stand. They smell like Fritos. Of course he is like Odda and wants to get as close as possible when he is like that. I swear he does it on purpose. Sure hope we all get some sunshine this weekend.