Saturday, January 29, 2011

Naughty or Talented!

Good girl.  Pictures were taken out of our kitchen window, so they may be a little fussy.  Odda is laying there nicely,  but a few minutes later I looked out again and this is what I found!

Laying nicely INSIDE the garage!   We've had trouble with her using her paws to open the lever door knobs on the garage, but only once caught her in the act, and I didn't have my camera then.  She has been scolded and scolded, but what can you say!  We will be replacing the lever knobs with regular round knobs.  Then we'll really see how talented she is!!!!!

 Oh, you're not mad at me, are you?
We have locked the door, and watched her try the lever with her paw, and when that didn't work, she used her mouth.  It was so funny to watch.  I didn't have my camera handy then either.  She seems to hear us when we're at the window, so we have to be really quiet!
We have been busy fixing up an old wagon so that she will be able to pull it.  I need to get some pictures.  Steve had started working on the wagon when I told him about her not having any trouble with the harness.  I've worked several days with her in a harness, and dragging heavy rope behind her.  I thought she might get skidish with the dragging rope - she turned to look at it a few times, but she readlly didn't have trouble with it,  and listened well.  She is ready for this new adventure of pulling a wagon.  We are rigging up our garden wagon that has four fat tires on it, but will still beable to use it as a garden wagon later.   More pictures later on that project.
A cooler Saturday here.  I think our little January thaw is over and it's starting to cool down again.  It did help to settle the snow some.  How you all have a great weekend.  jo

7 comments:

Sybil said...

I would say talented !! I had a fright one night when I thought I heard my back door open so decided after a while to get up and check..only to find it wide open....funny I thought..went back to bed...a wee while later same thingbut I then also heard a mewwww mewwww It was Mary's cat Amber !! he also had dscovered how to jump on the door handle and open it..(he has doen it over in their own house at the bedroom door to get into Mary) but never had he tried it over here and in the middle of the night !!!! I now lock the door !!!
Love Sybil

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh she is one smart girl! She knows that it is warmer in the garage..now maybe someone should put in a doggie door and she could have a bed in there..I can bring over an extra blanket or two for her new bed:)

Lynda said...

That is one very clever dog. That talent would be appreciated by older people who have difficulty with doors. Perhaps you could hire her out occasionally!

Country Gal said...

Giggle ! A great post and photos, aww what a sweet girl ! Have a great day !

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sounds like she is very talented. She just wants to be where it is warm. lol Thanks for the visit and I hope you do make an ottoman. It really is so easy. Don't forget to show me when you're done. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

Smart Odda...
How funny is that??gn

Country Whispers said...

How funny and she is very talented.
She just wanted a more cozy spot to lay down...that's all.